--A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
With instant access to so much information online, organizing your digital learning environment can be quite a challenge! As we explore creating digital learning environments for our learners, we need to keep organization in mind as well. There are tons of online productivity tools to help keep you, your learners, and digital information organized. Evernote, Google Drive, Edmodo, Symbaloo, and Diigo are among some of the most popular ways to organize and save digital information.
Diigo (Digest of Internet Information, Groups and Other stuff) is one of our very favorite tools. It is a web tool that allows you to save, annotate, and share any information from the internet.
Watch this video to see how the iTeam is using Diigo to organize our digital learning environment!
Top 3 reasons we love Diigo:
- Collaboration - Each iTeam member is part of the iTeam Resources group, so we can all add content any time.
- Tagging - Any resource we add to the group can have multiple tags, so we don’t have to decide on a single way to organize.
- Access - We can access Diigo from any internet enabled device any time, so when we find a great resource to share we can add it to the resource list instantly! This makes it easy for us to add resources to our list and share them with you.
Ideas for using Diigo with learners:
- Guided Research - Choose a tag for an upcoming research project. Collect resources in your Diigo account for the project and tag them with the tag you chose. Visit your Diigo library and click the tag for the project. Share this website address with your learners via your website or QR code.
- Classroom Resource List - Save sites you would like learners to visit. Organize your list with tags your learners will understand. Link your resource list to your website.
- Example: Super Sites for 4th Grade
- Keep Track of Project Resources - Learners with Diigo accounts can keep track of all of the resources they use for a project.
- Offer Product Choices - Create a list of sites for learner to use to create products.
You can learn more about Diigo here: http://www.diigo.com/about
You can visit the iTeam Diigo Resource list here:
What is your favorite tool to organize your own digital learning? Why?
What is your favorite tool to organize digital learning environments for your learners? Why?